OFFICIAL BOXING THREAD

• Power Users

@Radiohead369

I have no problem with that because Golden Boy is basically saying Saul is not ready. I still don't think they fight next sept. I think Golden Boy is buying time so they can completely duck GGG.

• Power Users

Porter vs Thurman was an overall good showing, but not an all time great fight. It was kind of just ok. Thurman didn't look overly special. Porter still has flaws that will continue to keep him for being an all time great. Both fighters still need more big fights in order to be p4p top 5.

The night was good for boxing though. I thought the judging was fair. The event was free, and two guys fought really hard.

• Power Users

@bilbo07 It was a very enjoyable fight at Barclays. Most of the crowd seemed to think Porter won. Most Thurman fans were relieved once they heard Unanimous Decision (every one knew what the decision was gonna be at that point). The fight will be more appreciated as the years progress; the two went toe to toe and slugged it out. Respect to both!

• Power Users

@nyflyboi718 For me I'm judging the fight off the bigger picture. Most people think this is the fight of the year. A lot of videos have people saying it was a great fight. I agree, but I wanted to see a clear 147 number 1 after that fight. To me there is still no king at 147 pounds, so everything is still up in the air on who is the top dog/draw, so it allows dudes to duck.

I don't think two guys slugged it out. I think Thurman moved and boxed, and Porter couldn't get off big shots to connect clean often.

• Power Users

@bilbo07 It is the fight of the year for now. Do you think there was a better one? Even if Thurman KO'D Porter or vice versa I wouldn't say either was the king at 147. Kell hasn't fought anyone minus Porter. Danny is new to the division. Keith's beaten a bunch of over the hill fighters. Porter got losses against Kell and Thurman. Tim Bradley's another name to mention

• Power Users

@nyflyboi718 vargas vs salido is the fight of the year so far to me. I disagree with you,a ko win would have taken either fighter to hype unseen in years. You remember when Matthysse stopped Peterson? Lucas had fans saying everyone is going to duck him. A lot of fans said he was GGG at 140.

I thought Thurman missed a huge chance to get overwhelming support from fans to get Floyd, Garcia, or Manny next.

• Power Users

@bilbo07 I missed that fight so I can't judge. Thurman will eventually get Garcia. Prob sometime next year. Garcia likely fights Berto next. Thurman has to take the mandatory vs Avanesyan. Manny or Floyd I never thought were realistic

• Mod

Kell Brook vs GGG September 10.

• Power Users

@HIGHNESS You're joking right?

• Power Users

Sports for me suck right now. Guys fighting dudes two to 3 weight classes smaller than them. GGG said Kell Brook is way too small for him, but he took the fight anyway in England to get the biggest payday. Then legends in the UFC get caught cheating. NBA is the WWF now. Bad time in sports.

This is worse than the Khan vs Saul fight.

• Power Users

No doubt GGG is a cherry picker. There is a video on youtube about him saying " No, I can't fight Kell Brook he is too small, too small" GGG isn't really a big of star, or fans are hiding from calling him out. On paper this is one of the worse cherry picks in years. GGG just wants to fight big names. You can miss me with that, he is trying to get all the belts at 160. No, he is trying to beat all the easy 160 fighters and then beat up any 147-154 willing to fight him.

Dude straight up ducked Ward. Now he fighting a guy two weight classes smaller. After we just saw the train wreck Khan vs Saul fight. GGG is a fraud. Saul and GGG the two huge knockout punchers are the ones giving boxing another black eye.

• Mod

Yea it's true, GGG vs Brook. I wouldn't really go that far as far as saying it's worst than Khan vs Saul. Somehow I think Undefeated Brook has a bit more legitimate shot to win than GGG's past opponents. He has the speed, the defense, the movement to take GGG out his game. He needs to be able to potshot GGG all the way and hold when he can, duck and dodge, bob and weave like he did vs Porter. He defeated Porter, and Porter vs Thurman fight was almost close, essentially hinting Brook may be better than Thurman at this point, right now I think Brook is the #1 WW and he walks around 154+ or way more. But if GGG can cut the ring well, and use his body punching to slow Brook down, and plus the added weight, he can take care of Brook later in the rounds. But no doubt GGG will be exposed.

Eubanks didn't want any of GGG nor did Saunders.

• Power Users

I get all of that, and I don't think highly of GGG, obviously he isn't as great as he thinks fighting a guy two weight classes smaller after he acknowledge he was way too small for him.

On paper though, and as far as the respect and hype GGG has received for being the biggest beast in boxing. In your PRIME you don't fight a guy two weight classes smaller. You don't even agree to that. That is a total cop out.

Kell Brooks must have seen something he can expose. At the end of the day unless GGG is weight drained. i don't see how Kell Brooks keeps GGG from just making it an ugly fight and stopping him in 5th round.

WW shouldn't fight MW... Plain and simple.

• Mod

I might put my money on Brook. Some how, some way, some form, some fashion, I think he pulls out the W. People are overlooking him. I saw them together, the height and size difference does not seem too different.

• Cool stuff

• Power Users

@HIGHNESS
    You're officially just overrating Brook and showing disrespect to GGG. I thought the fight was going to be at some catch weight around 155. It's at 160, 160..... That is way worse than Khan vs Saul. GGG is a real middleweight and has a guy jumping two weight classes. Khan only went up 1 weight class and and an extra pound.

The 3 biggest frauds in boxing currently. Oscar, Abel Sanchez, and GGG..... The things they are saying to media is insane, and flat out insulting. I'm post the videos.

GGG at 160 will stop brook in before 6 rounds. Totally unfair fight.

• Power Users

• After this fight, Crawford is gonna sleep Manny big time

• Power Users

I'm assuming no one thinks Postol has a chance?

• It's a 50/50 fight but im leaning towarfs Crawford

Looks like your connection to Sole Collector Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.