Yikers, this is all new then!

• System shock on the new site... looks flash... wonder if they'll be importing old threads, or we jsut start em again from scratch?

• Admin

• alrighty then...

• Giving the homepage a design overhaul makes sense, but starting from scratch on the forums is whack.

I've been a poster since 2010 and now my account has been completely reset to 0.

• Yeah, starting from scratch is super weak! I was pissed when we lost the original Asics thread :unamused:

• Admin

If you guys need access to the old stuff, you can find that here.

• Hey guys...
    You can get to the forum archives by going to link in the footer:
    http://forums.solecollector.com/archives/forums

In terms of the points... we'll be bringing back your 'OG' scores soon but it's also important to see who's still bringing life to this community. OG guys will get their respect... give it a little time!

BTW... For anyone missing Cop or Not -- IT IS NOT GONE -- just not in the new site, yet. It will be back and we're working on some ways to make it better this time around.

Keep the faith guys -- we're working for you!

• @spoonwire said:

Hey guys...
    You can get to the forum archives by going to link in the footer:
    http://forums.solecollector.com/archives/forums

In terms of the points... we'll be bringing back your 'OG' scores soon but it's also important to see who's still bringing life to this community. OG guys will get their respect... give it a little time!

BTW... For anyone missing Cop or Not -- IT IS NOT GONE -- just not in the new site, yet. It will be back and we're working on some ways to make it better this time around.

Keep the faith guys -- we're working for you!

Appreciate the update and good to hear that our scores will carry over. :thumbsup:

• Not feeling this new update... looks complicated. :older_man: oh well.. carry on.

• It wasn't broke, why even fix it?

All those years of bonding, great info and dope conversations down the drain cause the people on this site weren't happy with what they built. I can't see the benefit of this new layout at all.

• Admin

@Jeremiah. Actually we were extremely outdated. You can recreate discussions in these forums. All of the other threads are archived so it's safe if you want to refer back.

http://forums.solecollector.com/archives/forums/

As with any change, people don't like it but in order to move forward we have to adapt. It's all very positive though. We plan to make this place fun. That's a promise!

• I've seen enough of these
    rebranding exercises on very popular forums over the years, and without fail they contribute to the death of the forum in question.

I hope it's different in this case but, let's be honest, the traffic through here has been slow for quite a while.

• Admin

@djbucko This was the first time we changed our forums in over 6 or so years and we were really outdated. We are finally caught up with the times. Implemented a chat feature, a tagging system and will be implementing more as we start to pick up. Again this is a very positive direction we are looking to step toward and we plan to work with ya'll. If you need anything, let us know and we'll try to the best of our ability to assist.

• Mod

I'm with @mjo23dan in that it was LONG overdue for a revamp and yeah, admittedly, it does suck that the old forums couldn't carry over but there was a lot of trash with the good and a LOT of unused accounts clogging up an already VERY dated forum approach that was way behind the times.
    It's definitely taking a little retraining on the NodeBB platform but it's SO much faster and intuitive. Searches actually work. @'ing people and #tags function and are searchable. We can actually upload a pic to a post directly now, for cripes sake.
    NT got an overhaul a few years back and is now way behind what this layout offers us here.

I, too, look forward to our older user stats being added back (let alone admin status lol) but trust it'll come with time.

The former forums were VERRRRY slow already, so a full refresh really can't hurt in the end, seeing the forest for the trees. Stick with it and help make it what it can be, which is a much more robust and user-friendly platform than the sluggish old forums that so many had already bailed on.
    I'll say this: critiques can be helpful but complaints are the opposite. Dig in, post, learn, invite others to start up their old accounts they ignored all those months or years and build this up to be better than it's been in years. Keep it positive guys (and a gals) and it'll be better than before.

• I just had to login and stop by to pay my respects to SC.I learned and definitely developed my appreciation for runners from here.

• a lot learned from sc

• Wow this is crazy. Hope everyone is doing well :smoke:

Looks like your connection to Sole Collector Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.