OFFICIAL: 2016-17 NBA Season Thread

• Mod

alt

alt

alt

• Damn now its like I get a fresh start on owning bilbo lol.

HTF is a healthy Derrick Rose is still in Chicago?

Biggest trade was Jeff Green for Lance. I'm still trying to figure out how/why they didn't move Blake.

• MWM

the Rockets will be going home with the title... book it!!!

#trollolololololol

• Mod

@urriah said:

the Rockets will be going home with the title... book it!!!

#trollolololololol

0_1455859357187_bosh face.jpg

Pistons won the deadline. Nice additions

• Power Users

The prizes of what was supposed to be an exciting trade deadline were Jeff Green and Markieff Morris.

Interesting that Houston got nothing for Dwight considering it seems like he's almost surely out the door.

• @BRich said:

The prizes of what was supposed to be an exciting trade deadline were Jeff Green and Markieff Morris.

Interesting that Houston got nothing for Dwight considering it seems like he's almost surely out the door.

From what everyone is saying, it kinda makes sense, expiring contracts just aren't worth anything right now with the expected cap increases. I didn't see this Dwight making any team a championship contender. Tbh the traditional big is being phased out even more with Golden State pretty much murdering traditional half court basketball. All of the new bigs are stretch nowadays; Davis, Aldridge, Towns, Porzingis, & Howard is just an obsolete model now. All of the traditional big focused teams are nowhere near a championship & I think the Spurs move for Aldridge was a huge message that ppl missed. Pop's comments on GS were basically a hint to a new era of basketball. If you're a big you shouldn't expect many touches outside of cuts to the basket & alleys. Especially in Dwight's case cuz he has no post repertoire anyway lol. Also the fact that he's expecting 30mil a season has teams like FOH but sadly I think he'll get it in free agency. Playing alongside Beard doesn't help his cause but if he was better the team & coach would back him.

• WTF..................

• Mod

@mj234eva said:

WTF..................

:sob:

Heard Dwight is asking $30M to start this off season. Dude's crazy

• @8403 said:

@mj234eva said:

WTF..................

:sob:

Heard Dwight is asking $30M to start this off season. Dude's crazy

Really? LOL!

• Power Users

Maybe his goal is to start high so that 20 will seem like a bargain.

Somebody will pay him. He's still been better than Harden in the last two postseasons.

• Power Users

Golden State plays super fun, and respectable, but they are annoying for no reason. No one hates them. Yet they say unnessacry stuff all them time. Green " I'm top 5 player in the nba" Klay " im the best SG in the NBA" Steph "I'm the best player in the league" In Curry's case its true right now, but its been for like 40 games. They act like they've been the best so long that its just facts to say they are the best. Then after every loss they find something passively disrespectful to say. Got mad at the Bucks. Went to Cavs locker room and took a shot at them losing in the finals. You don't disrespect a team you beat in the finals. Klay yesterday after Lillard destroyed the Warriors said "they have to understand they caught us on an off night" They are clearly feeling the hype.

• Power Users

If the Big Three Heat had acted the way the Warriors do...lord have mercy :laughing:

Dudes had an event to INTRODUCE THEMSELVES TO FANS and were ridiculed for years.

• Power Users

@BRich

Yeah, it was crazy lol. The Heat had a rough deal with the media and fans. I say that because of what is going on right now.Teams are trying to build super teams next season with all this cap space. I don't see them talking about another lockout season. Top from bottom the Cavs, Spurs, Warriors, and OKC are deeper than Miami has ever been. You can even add the Clippers to that. Only 4 teams in the whole NBA are championship ready. Lebron is PC but I've never heard him say he is the best player in the NBA. Take what Green, Thompson, and Curry say to the media,and basically they are saying they are 3 of the top 5 best players in the NBA... Klay and Green need to chill, because on a nightly bases they don't have to do half of what players like Paul George, James Harden, Cousins,Davis, and Bulter do just to win a game.

• Mod

@BRich said:

If the Big Three Heat had acted the way the Warriors do...lord have mercy :laughing:

Dudes had an event to INTRODUCE THEMSELVES TO FANS and were ridiculed for years.

Everybody's jealousy towards it was through the roof lol

• Y'all know its 2 totally different situations with the Heat & GS tho. All of these guys were DRAFTED & are still establishing themselves in the league, with the exception of Steph. The big 3 were all franchise players & it was discovered that they were orchestrating this the whole time. LEBRON brought the hate into this with his "Decision" vs just being straight up. GS's main guy is the same guy that all of us, myself included, never saw Steph being this good 3-4 yrs ago when his ankles were origami. I still don't buy anyone else on that team being BEST anything just yet but Skip Bayless was just saying Klay was the 2nd GOAT shooter after his 40pt game. Like I said GS is changing basketball. Their still overrated on defense because their offense is ther defense but other than that their just a match-up nightmare.

• Power Users

Knocking the "Decision" is bogus, IMO. Mainly because nobody complained about it until it wasn't Cleveland. Was it the best move in hindsight? No. Was it actually as bad as people pretend it was? No. He announced his free agency decision and generated revenue for kids. People love "Signing Day," but hate The Decision.

As a fan of a smaller market team, I'm not the biggest fan of super teams and big free agents playing in the same handful of cities, but to act like they did something wrong by exercising their right to free agency is phony outrage because it didn't happen for their team. And the Big 3 probably never happens if Cleveland builds a winner around Bron.

• Power Users

Kobefan you're missing the point, and as a Lakers fan you know you would be telling us to F off if Lebron went to the Lakers.There is nothing Lebron could have done, because the losing team for him would've still been pissed. The first things fans do is discredit when it isn't their team.The point was GS players act like bad winners. Which is worse than a sore loser. They've won one championship and the world acts like they are the Spurs, or Lakers championships teams. This is a reaction of people calling their championship "lucky" so everyone feels like they have to over praise GS for counting them out this off season.

I have no problem with Curry. He and GS worked hard for this. GS needs to stop being so sensitive though. They lose one game and they give every excuse why. They are too wrapped up in the hype. Hard not to hearing espn.

• Kobe's last season in L.A. must be tough for laker's fans, Miami my team needs some help to even contend for a championship. Golden state, SA spurs and the Cavs are serious contenders. Lately I've been watching a little too much basketball.

• Wasn't somebody saying something about Steph NOT being the best in the world lol? Dude is the best shooter EVER just like I said last yr in the playoffs. He's also top 8-10 in clutch now too after tonight. Dude is shattering records man. This is amazing & scary all at the same time.

• Mod

Game ended 2 hours ago and I'm still stunned.

• curry is a monster. I told my friends curry is gonna clutch a 3 and win the game. My god that was nasty.

Looks like your connection to Sole Collector Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.