Sneaker Doctors General Chat

7th December 2012 01:47
EduardKJ:
ibcpirate:
EduardKJ:

That's a good buy...a lot better than my Septembers haha. Hotspot waxed his because if scuffs on the nubuck I believe, so you could do the same.

I really have no clue where to start with these lol, Hotspot help me out homie!

@ibcpirate: Got any pics of yours?

The only picture I have is on my Flickr:' http://www.flickr.com/photos/woahbryce/7611953430/in/photostream'

The main problem is the Leather cracking...but I'm going to repaint over it and hope it goes well. You can see that the leather is gone on the little bulge on the ankle. Not sure if I want to leave it as is or repaint.
7th December 2012 15:13
so are there many here who make a living as a sneaker doctor or is it just mainly a hobby? i imagine if cobblers can make a living in this age one who repairs sneakers could as well.
12th December 2012 01:29
pisces8113:
so are there many here who make a living as a sneaker doctor or is it just mainly a hobby? i imagine if cobblers can make a living in this age one who repairs sneakers could as well.

I'm sure some do. I know Politix does.
12th December 2012 03:12
Nikolas:
lol, true, I had a change to buy cracked '99 Bred IV's for $40 but didn't go for it, the uppers were pretty bad and it was missing like 2 letters from the back tabs.

lol
12th December 2012 03:17
pisces8113:

my dad is a shoerepair man and i see alot of jordans come through :/ horrible horrible shoes these joradns are these days

all here for reglues ! its sad lol
12th December 2012 04:19
kyosuke:
pisces8113:

my dad is a shoerepair man and i see alot of jordans come through :/ horrible horrible shoes these joradns are these days

all here for reglues ! its sad lol

Kyosuke where the hell have you been? Anyway, good to see you back. It's awesome that it at least runs in the family.
12th December 2012 05:15
Nikolas:
[quote="kyosuke"]
Kyosuke where the hell have you been? Anyway, good to see you back. It's awesome that it at least runs in the family.

yea man,if it wasnt for them i wouldnt know what i know now. even though i dont do it for a living,i love it as a hobby. I probably should take over the family business. but idk . . .
12th December 2012 05:24
kyosuke:
Nikolas:
[quote="kyosuke"]

yea man,if it wasnt for them i wouldnt know what i know now. even though i dont do it for a living,i love it as a hobby. I probably should take over the family business. but idk . . .

I mean, by the looks of it, you already got all the tools of the trade. Even the expensive shoe repair shop industrial machines. Build up a name and post Jordan/ nike restorations as a specialty, as opposed to just another shoe repair shop where ever. Create a clean image for your company, and things will build up.
12th December 2012 05:25
Oh yeah, and added you to 1st page.
12th December 2012 23:05
Nikolas:
kyosuke:
Nikolas:
[quote="kyosuke"]

I mean, by the looks of it, you already got all the tools of the trade. Even the expensive shoe repair shop industrial machines. Build up a name and post Jordan/ nike restorations as a specialty, as opposed to just another shoe repair shop where ever. Create a clean image for your company, and things will build up.

Sounds like a great idea, you should definately try it!