Post your Restorations HERE Vol. 5

24th November 2012 04:31
Nikolas:
TD_Rice_:
I only have before pics on my fire red's, but the metallics were in worse shape.

BEFORE

AFTER

Very nice job. Clean up and paint look good on both of them. Creases on those fire red 5's are stubborn, I would know. Are you going to speckle the flame on the mettalic's?

Na i decided to just do straight silver for a cleaner look. I already put a few finishing coats on as well. This was my first restoration project I am pretty proud of my work as it was very time consuming and tedious applying the tape.

The toe box creasing in the fire reds as you mentioned is brutal and to avoid chipping the paint as they have been creased for 6 years i did what i could and let them be. I was surprised how ironing out the metallic s went over better
24th November 2012 11:32
That midsole flame on the Met Vs looks great, so damn sharp!
25th November 2012 05:24
EduardKJ:
That midsole flame on the Met Vs looks great, so damn sharp!

thanks bro, spent hours when it was all said and done with the tape. i did fire reds first, i got a much better by the time metallic were up
27th November 2012 03:48
Check out the pair of militaries I restored, as well as the 19 other updates in the past month!

' www.troubledsolerestorations.tumblr.com'
27th November 2012 15:13
once they are beat then that's all they are beat up kicks
28th November 2012 00:08
mplsfinest:
Check out the pair of militaries I restored, as well as the 19 other updates in the past month!

Did you do any repaints at all? All I see is general cleaning from the mud.
28th November 2012 04:55
johnandrew07:
mplsfinest:

Did you do any repaints at all? All I see is general cleaning from the mud.

Not on the militaries or fire red's, they didn't need any paint.
29th November 2012 05:52
They look pretty nasty. How did all of that dirt get on them without any paint cracks?
2nd December 2012 03:35
I came across a pair of Inuits for 30 bucks locally. Laces were frayed, the piping was as well (which I dont mind), they were skated once, and the scuffs that were attempted to be filled in with a Sharpie. I love these damn things.

8th December 2012 17:31
johnandrew07:
They look pretty nasty. How did all of that dirt get on them without any paint cracks?

He said his friend wore them to an outdoor Halloween event or something.