Post your Restorations HERE Vol. 5

12th November 2012 20:26
How did that even happen? Out of all of my sole swaps, this has NEVER happened. You might as well use the white cement dub zero bottom sole.its the closest in terms on color blocking. The only difference is the inner circle block is white instead of red. Use the same size.
13th November 2012 16:48
This is the first time i see a split toecap.. i suggest just glueing it back together with barge cement make sure its straight and then just glue it back to the toe.. only thing you can really do lol . Next time don't pull on the sole.....
14th November 2012 17:53
Hello everyone! I have just started repainting old sneakers of myself and friends, I don't know much about restoration, but I hope to learn about it here. This is my first post. Sneaker love! All I did was take my dirty ass superstar II adidas, primed, painted a few layers of white with acrylic, then penned in with a ballpoint.

14th November 2012 18:28
Wow that's what i call a transformation damn
18th November 2012 07:37
rmg91196:
Nikolas:
rmg91196:

Trying to do a '99 white cement 4 sole swap, but don't know how to fix this. The original bottom of the wc4's split as shown. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Thanks.

You'd have to scrap that outsole and get a new one, unfortunately.

Damn Ok, Thanks for your input. Theyre a size 9.5, should I get a 9.5 or would a 9 or 10 work. If anyone sees this that has one, let me know. THanks

Gluing it would be possible trust me. But do it at the very very end. I've ran into that problem regluing soles .
21st November 2012 01:33
Did some wok on these bulls 6's

Bull 6 full text by Island_Restorations, on Flickr

Sides by Island_Restorations, on Flickr

Tongue by Island_Restorations, on Flickr
21st November 2012 01:34
Are you going to attempt to unyellow the soles?
21st November 2012 03:53
rmg91196:

Trying to do a '99 white cement 4 sole swap, but don't know how to fix this. The original bottom of the wc4's split as shown. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Thanks.

Well one way is to fill the gap area with barge cement and let the glue cure and sand down the in crack line so that you can't notice the fix, or get a new bottom sole donor, a cheap alternatives would be retros or team jays with nike bottom soles, but there would be no color match for those unless painted, but will wear out when worn so if its going only for display this alternative will work, else its a waste
24th November 2012 03:18
I only have before pics on my fire red's, but the metallics were in worse shape.

BEFORE

AFTER

24th November 2012 03:24
TD_Rice_:
I only have before pics on my fire red's, but the metallics were in worse shape.

BEFORE

AFTER

Very nice job. Clean up and paint look good on both of them. Creases on those fire red 5's are stubborn, I would know. Are you going to speckle the flame on the mettalic's?