Post Your Sole Swaps

16th February 2013 14:17
Nice sole swaps
19th February 2013 06:32
johnandrew07:
Here is something that I am also working on for a customer. I'm using a pair of Military 4's as a donor supplied by the customer. I'm almost finished. I just need to reglue the toecap and restitch. After I complete the sole swap, I am going to remove any excess glue protruding out of the midsoles.

Hey any info on how you go about restitching the front of the shoe?
19th February 2013 06:49
^using a stitching awl
19th February 2013 08:19
good shit guys
19th February 2013 18:49
Anybody know where I can get a size 9 midsole for a 6.

Have a retro+ midnight 6 that died on me.

The one in my pic.
19th February 2013 19:42
hajime422:
Anybody know where I can get a size 9 midsole for a 6.

Have a retro+ midnight 6 that died on me.

The one in my pic.

The marketplace, eBay, cl, ect. Also the new Jordan Flight 91 used the AJ VI midsole. Just be mindful of to the air unit color if that is important to you. Different colorways have different air units. For the price, your best bet is to buy used IMO.
19th February 2013 23:13
How do you remove the excess glue?
19th February 2013 23:36
Lam187:
How do you remove the excess glue?

a cotton swab with nail polish remover or acetone usually does the trick, just be careful not to damage the material under the excess glue. Hope this helps
20th February 2013 04:51
Whats the strongest glue for reattaching a midsole?

I am sole swapping a pair of black red 4's with baseball cleats and I need something at can withstand the abuse of the diamond. Thanks
20th February 2013 22:37
yankees25:
Whats the strongest glue for reattaching a midsole?

I am sole swapping a pair of black red 4's with baseball cleats and I need something at can withstand the abuse of the diamond. Thanks

The most commonly recommended is barge cement, E-6000, or one of the various other types on contact cement. Just make sure you follow the directions as most contact cements/glue have to cure (dry) before they can be used. Curing times are different depending on the type of cement/glue you use.

As for the use for cleats, you might need to experiment a bit see what works best. Post pics when you get it done!