Official - WJDYWT - Jordan Edition 2012

7th December 2012 01:02
TangoKicks:
mjow1999:
You were so right matt! After comparing the tags to my 01 pair i see they are identical....thanks for the education! I assume the seller was either being deceptive or had been duped as well....oh well now i have 2 pairs of 01s i guess! Not a bad thing although im embarassed and a little sad as well. Og insoles are comfy though....and are nike air lol.

Still a dope shoe bro and your right 2 pairs ain't a bad thing

Thx tango....jus a lil disapointed....thought i had em!!
Got caught up in the moment.....now to continue the search...
7th December 2012 01:13
mjow1999:
TangoKicks:
mjow1999:
You were so right matt! After comparing the tags to my 01 pair i see they are identical....thanks for the education! I assume the seller was either being deceptive or had been duped as well....oh well now i have 2 pairs of 01s i guess! Not a bad thing although im embarassed and a little sad as well. Og insoles are comfy though....and are nike air lol.

What Tango said and no prob man, just lookin out for ya. Actually, Retros turn that amber orange/yellow color Worse than OGs due! When I seaGlowed my OG Concords, they turned a nice yellow/blue/green tint whereas my 2000 Concords (and '01 Columbias) just went from amber to light yellow :/ They DID say Nike Air on the insoles of the '00 & '01 Retros, EXCEPT for the '01 Cool Greys, since they're a non-OG CW, they featured the Jumpman. So that part is deceptive to a lotta folks.

Funny enough dude, and to make you feel a bit better, I purchased my OG Cords from a dude here on SC who ALSO thought they were 2000s & when I asked Young Dr. Suess, even HE thought they were 2000s from the pics. Sho 'nuff, they're OGs! I was actually kinda pleased by the surprise, as I only paid $100 for em BUT they had some bad separation on certain parts, especially on the arch plates (notorious area, since there's no Phylon for the soles to adhere to there) & when I demanded a partial refund, the tool disappeared. I took my lumps, repaired em and they turned out to be a great test subject for a lot of my first repairs ( whitening nylon uppers, polishing the patent, fixing the lace tips, removing the whispies on the laces, regluing the soles and SeaGlowing them) so it worked out for the better in the end.

Well, enjoy your doubled up '01s as you (and I) continue to hunt for some OG Columbias Best of luck!
PS: when you land some OG XIs, you'll notice quite a few subtle differences: the flat embroidered (rather than extra-thick, raised) Jumpman on the heels, the height (higher on OGs) stiffness of the ankle support (stiffer & better for BBall on OGs), slightly higher cut of patent leather, different toe box shape in some cases (more short/round on OGs, more elongated/trapezoidal on 1st retros) and the shape at the top where that neoprene piece the 23 is silkscreened on is different: it dips in a touch on the OGs and is thinner & more elastic than the retros. Lotta little things but its what sets em apart
7th December 2012 01:18
7th December 2012 01:40
DRUMattX:
mjow1999:
TangoKicks:
mjow1999:

What Tango said and no prob man, just lookin out for ya. Actually, Retros turn that amber orange/yellow color Worse than OGs due! When I seaGlowed my OG Concords, they turned a nice yellow/blue/green tint whereas my 2000 Concords (and '01 Columbias) just went from amber to light yellow :/ They DID say Nike Air on the insoles of the '00 & '01 Retros, EXCEPT for the '01 Cool Greys, since they're a non-OG CW, they featured the Jumpman. So that part is deceptive to a lotta folks.

Funny enough dude, and to make you feel a bit better, I purchased my OG Cords from a dude here on SC who ALSO thought they were 2000s & when I asked Young Dr. Suess, even HE thought they were 2000s from the pics. Sho 'nuff, they're OGs! I was actually kinda pleased by the surprise, as I only paid $100 for em BUT they had some bad separation on certain parts, especially on the arch plates (notorious area, since there's no Phylon for the soles to adhere to there) & when I demanded a partial refund, the tool disappeared. I took my lumps, repaired em and they turned out to be a great test subject for a lot of my first repairs ( whitening nylon uppers, polishing the patent, fixing the lace tips, removing the whispies on the laces, regluing the soles and SeaGlowing them) so it worked out for the better in the end.

Well, enjoy your doubled up '01s as you (and I) continue to hunt for some OG Columbias Best of luck!
PS: when you land some OG XIs, you'll notice quite a few subtle differences: the flat embroidered (rather than extra-thick, raised) Jumpman on the heels, the height (higher on OGs) stiffness of the ankle support (stiffer & better for BBall on OGs), slightly higher cut of patent leather, different toe box shape in some cases (more short/round on OGs, more elongated/trapezoidal on 1st retros) and the shape at the top where that neoprene piece the 23 is silkscreened on is different: it dips in a touch on the OGs and is thinner & more elastic than the retros. Lotta little things but its what sets em apart

Teach! Excellent info right there.
7th December 2012 03:39
7th December 2012 03:52
bigmixx:
DRUMattX:
mjow1999:
TangoKicks:
mjow1999:

Teach! Excellent info right there.

Sneakerhead 101 from my boy DRUMattX looking out for the sneaker community!!!!!! Good Man!
7th December 2012 03:54
Fresh CG XIs up there!
7th December 2012 03:57
Today for me.....

7th December 2012 04:04
Clean CGs.
7th December 2012 04:23
weakheat:

nice bins