OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHY THREAD 2013

31st January 2013 07:15
LTL & Rolo - Pretty much Rolo. Wanted to show nostalgia using the environment. Looking back on her childhood as she embarks through a new chapter in her life.
31st January 2013 22:34
Some shots near the Vatican.

1st February 2013 01:10
Thanks dunksrnice and Benssick, it's appreciated!

Not to sure whether I like this series or not ... what do you guys think?

1st February 2013 04:42
31/365 First Month down, 11 more to go.

365 PROJECT DAY 31 by Denn-Ice, on Flickr
1st February 2013 07:06
^ goodluck!
1st February 2013 22:19
Shot with a mutual friend a couple days ago. Pretty happy with the photos for only shooting for under an hour. Turns out he's a part of a modeling agency here in SF. Nice to be able to get my foot in the door with agencies finally. Networking is key people!

James Valerio | Scout Model & Talent Agency by Jason Guerrero, on Flickr

1st February 2013 22:55
lazijay:
Shot with a mutual friend a couple days ago. Pretty happy with the photos for only shooting for under an hour. Turns out he's a part of a modeling agency here in SF. Nice to be able to get my foot in the door with agencies finally. Networking is key people!

Photos turned out nicely, I really dig the fourth one ... fantastic lighting!

However, don't want to decelerate your excitement but I've worked with agency models now several times ... that doesn't necessarily mean you've got a foot in the door, I personally had nothing to do with the agencies at all despite of working with lots of listed models. I'd say it means nothing unless the agency actually comes up to you, just working with the model won't do the trick I fear.
But I must say that I'm in Germany of course, not sure if my experience applies in the states ...
2nd February 2013 00:16
Thanks LTL. Oh no I completely understand. I'm just excited to work with people with experience finally. And this guy's been published before and has great connections he can introduce me to. He's already sent my portfolio to his agency so hopefully they get in contact with me. I've actually introduced myself to the same agency before and they were interested, I just didn't end up using my friends to model for my portfolio.
2nd February 2013 00:26
^ Well in that case you're of course in a kinda foot-in-the-door situation ... I can't say that about myself unfortunately. But luckily, I keep finding great models to work with, despite the lack of agency connections ... but good for you, congrats!
I know exactly what it feels like to cross that bridge, from working with amateurs to working with real professionals. Just two different worlds ...
2nd February 2013 00:33
You'll get there bud. Your work is great! Have you thought about bringing your portfolio to other agencies?